AC rectification is used particularly widely, as a significant part of the generated electricity is consumed in DC electrical units. Such electrical units are common in ferrous and non-ferrous metal industry (rolling mills), public transport systems, railways, drilling rigs, etc.
Transformers at a rectification facility are typically intended to alter the grid’s voltage to align it with the consumer’s input voltage. Due to the transformer, DC mains is isolated from the AC mains, while the number of phases of the valve-side windings is increased to reduce the ripples, and therefore, the waveform of the line current improves.
Rosenergotrans, one of SVEL’s production sites, manufactures all typed of rectifier transformers:
- Transformers for turbine and hygrogenerator’s excitation systems;
- Transformers for power supply of drilling rig drives;
- Transformers for power supply of semi-conductor convertors at traction substations of public electric transport (tram, trolleybus, subway);
- Transformers for rectifier facilities being a part of railway power supply system;
- Transformers for power supply of DC drives;
- Transformers for power supply of AC drives.
Each Rectifier Transformer made by SVEL is a unique product tailored against the special customer’s requirements, designed with due regard to overload scheme, harmonics, and rectification parameters.
Rosenergotrans offers design and manufacturing taking into account all the applicable requirements, including those prescribed by GOST 16772-77.
- Cold-rolled grain-oriented transformer steel with low specific loss;
- Steel sheets stacking by ‘Step-lap’ method with diagonal butt joint.
- Manufacturing ensures stable winding dimensions within the whole cycle of operation;
- Transposed wires ensure high electrodynamic resistance in case of a short circuit, while reducing additional losses in the windings.
- Active part design ensures reducing additional loss in the metal structures by 1.5 times.
Controlled assembling of dismantled units and structures with item marking
- Excludes any design error;
- Facilitates installation of transformer.
SVEL Service Department shall ensure:
- Supervised Installation;
- Aftersale service;
- Installation Guidance;
- Warranty service, including warranty repair;
- Transportation insurance.