The key feature of power quality is the total harmonics waveform, as their distortion can be caused by an intense application of the modern drive units, frequency converters, rectifiers, welding and induction equipment, other devices and systems with nonlinear characteristics. And all these devices and systems can be a source of higher harmonic currents.
Higher harmonics may affect general operation of equipment, in particular, transformers, switches, cables, and capacitors, and decrease their reliability and service life, as well as increase power loss.
To reduce the negative impact of high-harmonic currents, the harmonic filters are used, and typically they include LC circuits made of filter reactors and capacitor banks.
Filter reactors are also widely applied at the controlled AC transition units (FACTS - flexible AC transmission system), such as static thyristor compensator, static power compensator, and HVDC. Also, it is applicable for compensation filter based on the controlled shunt reactors.
Over 15 years, SVEL Group designs and manufactures Dry-Type Filter Air-Core Reactors. Therefore, many customers highly evaluate reliability and cost-efficiency of our products. More than 22,000 various reactor units are currently operated, that confirms the implicit leadership of SVEL Group.
Substantial investments in unique design patented by numerous patent licenses allow manufacturing reactors with minimal overall dimensions and weight. SVEL Group is well known for their state-of-art products that ensure reduced capital and operating costs of our clients.
Upon the experience of operating reactors manufactured by the global leaders, SVEL developed own innovative design with the following apparent advantages:
- high mechanical strength and shock resistance;
- double insulated conductor;
- properly fastened conductor, free from any loose sections;
- all conductors connections arranged beyond the reactor’s body;
- reliable protection from UF, precipitation or dirt;
- minimal loss and low noise;
- welded electrical connections.
Types of equipment
- three-phase vertical
- three-phase horizontal
Optionally, the following items may be added to the delivery scope:
- stainless steel pole (to ensure proper distance);
- bus compensator;
- support metal structure;
- porcelain insulator (polymer insulator delivered by default);
- e-house for reactor;
- technical supervision and installation monitoring.
|Rated voltage, kV||3 - 220|
|Rated power (single phase), Mvar:||up to 150|
|Climate configuration:||temperate, boreal, cold, tropical|
|Environment class:||1, 2, 3, 4|
* Upon customer’s request, optional parameters are considered.